Resources for Institute Alumni
Take advantage of these exclusive offers for graduates of The Reading Center's Basic and Advanced Training Institutes.
- 90 day access to The Reading Center's Basic Institute training materials online
- Professional Membership with The Reading Center
Online Orton-Gillingham Refresher Materials
This self-directed course uses the Blackboard Course Sites platform and has nine modules available for you to review and study. Included you will find printable documents, videos to view, as well as practice exercises throughout. All the modules will be open for your ease in maneuvering in and out of modules as well as side bar accessibility for phonogram videos, etc. You will have access to these materials for 90 days.
Upon completion of the 90 day course you will be awarded a clock hour certificate for 45 clock hours. The fee for this access is $300.
Become a Professional Member of The Reading Center
Membership is offered to those who have successfully taken The Reading Center’s Basic or Advanced Orton-Gillingham Training Institutes and who are not currently employed by The Reading Center as Academic Language Therapists. We are offering members exclusive Reading Center resources to support you (as an Academic Language Therapist), to enable skills growth and to practice OG at high levels of proficiency.
Level One Membership ($199 per yr, $593 value)
(1) Online Orton-Gillingham Lesson Planning Resources
- Basic teaching templates for Basic phonograms, Syllable Patterns, Adding Suffix Rules
(2) Online OG Refresher Resources
- Phonogram sounds, practice and multiple spelling videos (x5)
- Demonstration of OG technique and exercise videos (x11)
(3) Online Demonstration of OG Lessons
- Videos of OG lessons taught by Master Teachers (x12)
Level Two Membership ($249 per yr, $2,284 value)
(1) Everything in Level One Membership PLUS
(2) Online Video Content on the Structure of the English Language
- Syllable Patterns (x10)
- Syllable Division Rules (x8)
- Suffixes (x7)
- OG Lessons (x4)
(3) Consulting with an O-G Specialist
- Two hours of annual consultation on a variety of topics that may include: tutoring issues, interpret/clarify evaluations and what that means for tutoring, or inquiries regarding certification to the Academy.
- Additional consulting available at $75 per hour.
(4) Connecting to The Reading Center O-G Academic Language Therapist Meetings
- Remote access to live ALT meetings providing professional development training with lectures on relevant practice topics. CEUs and handouts to support meeting content are included. ALT Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month from 10:45am-12:15pm (Sep., Oct., Nov., Jan., Feb., Mar., Apr.).
- Temporary access to filmed sessions of ALT meetings and handouts to support meeting content.
- For an additional annual fee of $70, gain access to the online Discussion and Practice Group meetings before the ALT Meetings, from 10-10:45am. These are smaller groups of ALTs who meet to discuss new material and individual student cases led by a Master Teacher.