Screening Tool for Dyslexia
This SCREEN is not a diagnosis; however, if the answer to several of these questions is ‘yes,’ consider a complete Educational Evaluation. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-288-5271.
1. Does your child have confusions of similar letter forms, such as b/d; f/j/t; m/w?
2. Does your child write numbers incorrectly or have trouble sequencing numbers such as phone numbers, (947 for 749)?
3. Does your child confuse similar language sounds (f/v/th; p/b; short vowel sounds) or words that sound similar (salary/celery; mailing/nailing; sit/set; skip/skit)?
4. Does your child mispronounce words (Octover; passghetti; alunimun)?
5. Does your child have difficulty thinking or talking when there is background noise?
6. Does your child have difficulty remembering a set of three or more directions?
7. Does another family member struggle with reading or spelling?
8. Does your child have a lack of interest in reading or being read to?
9. Does your child show unexpected degree of anxiety when having to work under pressure (time limits; being tired; or being observed)?
10. Does your child have unexpected difficulty with rote memorization (spelling words, history dates, math facts…)?